(Government Gazette: 2888/Β/08.06.2022)
Mission, aim and objectives of the Administrative, Digital and Educational Competences Laboratory, Department of Business Administration, University of Thessaly
Objectives of the Lab
The Laboratory meets the Department’s educational and research needs focusing on the development of employee competences required in modern businesses and organizations. The Laboratory focuses on the competencies required by businesses and organizations, such as administrative, digital, research and educational competences.
The use of innovative methods for the development of new competences is the primary objective of the laboratory, taking into account the importance of training and retraining in new competences that are required in the labour market.
More specifically, the objectives of the Laboratory are the following:
Ι. EDUCTIONAL OBJECTIVES
1) Education (theoretical and practical training) at undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral level. The focus is on:
a) administrative competencies (entrepreneurship, decision-making, new forms of communication, teamwork, flexible management, etc.),
b) digital competences (information systems development, software development, industry 4.0, the internet of things, data analysis, etc.) applied to businesses,
c) research competences (research programs management, research strategies development, market research, product design and development, etc.), and
d) educational competences (innovative educational programs development, evaluation of educational quality, educational skills certification, personalised education, experiential education, etc.)
2) supporting other Departments of the University of Thessaly or other Universities’ undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral programmes, when possible and if requested by these Departments.
3) supporting doctoral studies and postdoctoral research
ΙΙ. RESEARCH OBJECTIVES
1) Cooperation with Greek and foreign academic institutions, research centers and other scientific bodies in areas and topics of common interest
2) Conducting research and research programs either independently or in collaboration with other institutions or Higher Education Institutions (in Greece or abroad)
3) Organizing tasks, lectures, seminars, conferences, and other meetings and events with Greek and foreign experts in competence building.
4) Collecting, storing, processing and publishing research data
5) Network development for allowing access to potential research participants
ΙΙΙ. CONNECTING WITH THE COMMUNITY
1) Developing innovative administrative, digital and management competences for businesses and organizations.
2) Providing open educational programs, and platforms for the provision of educational programs.
3) Producing and publishing educational material and publications in the form of books, articles or journals.
4) Cooperating with international and national organizations, scientific societies and associations focusing on competence-building in Greece and other countries
5) Collaborating with organisations focusing on open source software, open data and games focusing on intelligence and data.
6) Cooperation with organisations / bodies that create and use data.
7) Providing consultation on issues related to the subject areas in accordance with current legislation.
C. Target groups
1) Public or private sector employees
2) Public Sector Organizations